131. A peripheral smear with increased neutrophils, basophils, eosinophils, and platelets is highly suggestive of:
1. Acute myeloid leukemia
2. Acute lymphoblastic leukemia
3. Chronic myelogenous leukemia
4. Myelodysplastic syndrome
132. A patient presents with a platelet count of 700 × 109/L with abnormalities in size, shape and granularity of platelets. WBC count of 12 × 109/L, hemoglobin of 11g/dl and the absence of the
1. Polycythemia vera
2. Essential thrombocythemia
3. Chronic myeloid leukemia
4. Leukemoid reaction.
133. A 70-year-old male has a pathologic fracture of femur. The lesion appears lytic on X-ray film with a circumscribed punched out appearance. The curetting from fracture site is most likely to show which of the following?
1. Diminished and thinned trabecular bone fragments secondary to osteopenia
2. Sheets of atypical plasma cells.
3. Metastatic prostatic adenocarcinoma
4. Malignant cells forming osteoid bone
134. Which of the following is not a B-cell neoplasm?
1. Hairy cell leukemia.
2. Angiocentric lymphoma
3. Mantle cell lymphoma
4. Burkitt’s lymphoma
135. RET proto oncogene mutation is a hall mark of which of the following tumors?
1. Midullary carcinoma Thyroid.
4. Hurthle cell tumor thyroid
136. Barrets Esophagus is commonly associated with one of the following:
2. Squamous cell carcinoma
4. Gastrointestinal stromal tumor
137. Anticoagulant effect of warfarin is increased by all of the following except:
138. Which of the following fluorinated anaesthetics corrodes metal in vaporizers and breathing systems?
139. The following anesthetic drug cause pain on intravenous administration :
4. Thiopentone sodium
140. Which of the following drugs is contraindicated in a patient with raised intracranial pressure?